Do I need to create a new Instagram account to use my #Cube™?
Any Instagram account can be used with #Cube by logging into Instagram (valid user name and password.) If you don’t have an account yet, this would be a perfect time to set one up on your mobile device.
How do I switch to a different Instagram account?
- While in a LIVE FEED, double-tap on the screen to bring up the STATUS BARS to display connection status, battery status, change feeds, jump to settings, or pause / play a LIVE FEED.
- Single-tapping the icon on the lower left brings up the DASHBOARD screen.
- Single-tapping the ACCOUNT button will bring up the Instagram login screen.
Can I view other Instagram user’s feeds?
To switch between feeds, SHORT PRESS the GRID BUTTON to pull up the CAROUSEL. Swipe left / right to select a different feed. Single-tap on the text field to change users.
- MY FEED streams the images from the Instagram account that is currently logged in.
- USER streams the feed of a defined User (i.e., @______).
- HASHTAG streams a specific # tag.
- LIKED LIBRARY streams all images “Liked” in the Instagram account.
- POPULAR streams the most popular images trending on Instagram.
How long is the LONG PRESS?
Hold the button down for a minimum of 5 seconds.
Pressing the tactile circle button doesn’t seem to power up my #Cube.
- Press and hold the CIRCLE button for a few seconds to power on #Cube.
- Short press of the CIRCLE button will alternately wake or put the #Cube in sleep mode.
- Long press of the CIRCLE button when the device is on will alternately power down the device.
- Sometimes pressing the GRID button brings up the DASHBOARD, sometimes it brings up the CAROUSEL.
- SHORT PRESS the GRID BUTTON to switch between the CAROUSEL and the LIVE FEED.
- LONG PRESS the GRID BUTTON to bring up the DASHBOARD.
Does “Liking” an image on my #Cube “Like” the same image in my Instagram feed?
Because your #Cube is streaming an Instagram account live and in real-time, the activities on Instagram are seamlessly integrated. Whether on a smart phone or on #Cube, the “Like” or “Unlike” function carries through to the Instagram user account. “Liked” images are also stored on your #Cube so you can still view them even if you aren’t connected to the internet.
Is the metadata from Instagram carried through to #Cube?
Swipe left to see the BACK OF THE PHOTO. All meta data from Instagram is available on the back of the image when viewed in #Cube. You can follow / unfollow the user, or view more information about the photo.
Can I change the speed of images?
- While on a LIVE FEED, double-tap twice on the screen to bring up the STATUS BARS.
- Single-tapping the icon on the lower left brings up the Dashboard screen
- SLIDESHOW settings (Display speed and brightness) can be adjusted from the upper left icon by single-tapping on SLIDESHOW
How can I see an image again, or locate a specific image in my stream?
Swipe up to view older photos. Swipe down to view newer photos.
How can I see more than a ONE image on-screen?
Using a “PINCH” motion diagonally pinch from the outer corners to center of screen. This gesture will bring up your image stream in a grid pattern of four images across and four images down. A single tap on any image will bring that image full-screen.
Will software updates be available? Is there a fee for newer software?
New releases of software are released on an on-going basis. Initially, a software update can be run from the DASHBOARD by selecting SETTINGS and then UPDATE. If a newer version is available, the #Cube will walk you through the update process and restart. If you’ve registered your #Cube (via webform at firstname.lastname@example.org) you will be sent notifications when new software is available.
I see the screen changing on my #Cube, but the screen is black.
Check the Wi-Fi connection and signal strength and move your #Cube closer to your wireless router. If the #Cube is detecting only a minimal Wi-Fi connection it cannot load the newest images from the Instagram stream. The black screen is the device trying to cache images. To confirm that low Wi-Fi is the issue change the feed to Liked Library and cached images will load.
What is the maximum number of accounts that I can program?
#Cube will currently support:
- My Feed (Based on a single Instagram login used at a time)
- User’s Feed (follow any one user on Instagram. i.e., @samjones)
- Hashtag Feed (follow any specific hashtag on Instagram. i.e., #samjones)
- Popular Feed (what is currently trending on Instagram)
- Liked Library (those images “liked” by the Instagram user)
So far, the live feed scrolls up. Will there be more setting options in the future?
Using a “PINCH” motion, diagonally pinch from the outer to center of screen. This gesture will bring up your image stream in a grid pattern of four images across and four images down. A single tap on any image will bring that image full-screen.
Additional features will be released in future updates.